Wednesday, October 14, 2009

iPod Playlist #1

It's been a long time since I've written much about music, even though it used to be the primary subject I'd write about. So in an effort to introduce some music content to this blog, in however limited a way, I'll be periodically doing posts listing my iPod playlists for a single day, with occasional brief commentary. I love the iPod's random play feature, which makes my iPod basically a radio station where I like every song that comes on: perfect for the car. Here's every song I listened to on October 9, 2009.

Loose Fur "The Ruling Class"
Choose "Pursuit ov Noize"
Pink Floyd "Scarecrow"
Tom Waits "Small Change (Got Rained On With His Own .38)"
Van Morrison "You're My Woman"


Circulatory System "The Lonely Universe" (This post-Olivia Tremor Control project was a great psych-pop group, virtually forgotten now but in some ways superior even to OTC. Love this song, which along with "Joy" is one of the band's most infectious and exciting tunes.)
Cluster "Plas"
Red Snapper "Spitalfields"
The Mountain Goats "Pure Intentions" (One of John Darnielle's goofy low-budget synth-pop numbers, not usually my favorite of his modes. This one's OK.)
Bad Religion "Change Of Ideas" (A solid minute of punk-pop energy.)


Heatmiser "Cruel Reminder"
The Beatles "Michelle"
Smashing Pumpkins "Pug"
The Who "Go to the Mirror [live]"


Wolf Eyes "Rich and Healthy" (From their self-titled first album, when they were less raucous noise purveyors and more of a pulsing, mechanical industrial unit with repetitive lyrics; the Public Image Ltd. influence is surprisingly obvious.)

No comments: